Sooo the kids and I have been enjoying a little sewing frenzy recently. I love that BOTH my kids are showing an interest (one more than the other) and I am always on the look out for simle sewing projects for them to do (in fact, I have a whole set of缝纫Projects for Kids, that you can browse). A couple of weeks ago, we made some littlefelt softies bunnies, inspired by these感觉到心胸针和Felt Heart Mobile和I thought it would work very well as a little感觉到兔子胸针也！
The felt bunny brooch is a bit quicker and easier to make than the little felt softie bunny, but in essence they are the same. They are great for using up scraps of felt and make for a super duper cute little gift to give to friends. You can adapt the felt softie pattern to make these quickly and easily (pattern linked below).
With Mother’s Day coming up, I think these would make for a cute little Mother’s Day Gift idea too.
Aren’t they adorable? And really.. super easy to make!
- small pieces of felt
- embroidery thread in contrasting colours
- a little glue
- ribbon (optional)
- pink felt tip pen (any type)
- safety pin or brooch pin (you can these here我们/英国(affiliate links))
- brads (optional) you can get these here我们/英国(affiliate links)
Watch the video on Auto Play or check out the how to on YouTube!
So to summarise the steps:
- 设计您的基本动物面孔 - 这些都是基于简单的椭圆形的
- Cut out the shapes and glue on any features – in this case the bunny eyes/ nose and ears
- Add the facial features
- My daughter used a running stitch all the way round. But you can also use an over stitch.
我把我们最喜欢的一些缝纫Projects for Kidsto date here, I hope you find it useful and inspirational!:
If you are looking for some tips on教孩子们如何缝制– including what age and what materials to use, take a look at this helpful article:
The video tutorial is also available on YouTube: