I couldn’t resist making these SUPER quick and EASY cookies with the kids. The best part about them, is that you can use plain store bought cookies, or use yourfamily’s favourite basic cookierecipe. And as these 4th July Cookies are so easy to decorate, they make for a great party activity with lots of kids and grown ups. Just stock up on cookies and icing sugar and have fun on the day! Perfect for anyone looking forAmerican Flag Activities for Kids!
I think you will also love our 4th of July Paper Fans. You can make them from scratch or use our easyDIY Paper Fans Template– they make a wonderful Patriotic Kids Craft , but also double up as great 4th Of July Rosette decorations – cover a whole wall with them or hang them from trees or garden fences!!
Also, you may like thesecookie painting techniquefor slightly older kids (10yrs+):
4th July Cookie Decorating Activities – you will need:
- 普通饼干(在英国,丰富茶或Digestivsre great, or make your ownshortbread recipe)
- Star shaped sprinkles (ours are white chocolate sprinkles from Morrissons) – if you can’t find stars, I would use silver balls instead, you will still roughly get the same effect
- Icing Sugar
- Lemon (optional)
- Food colouring
I have added some affiliate links for food dyes for your convenience:
Making your cookies:
1) Mix a little icing sugar with water and your food gel. We started with blue first (be warned, we ended up with blue tongues!!). Let the kids drizzle over cookies. Let it dry a LITTLE first and then sprinkle on your stars. The reason I let it dry a little first, is that sometimes the water in the icing sugar, does funny things to our sprinkles and we didn’t want the blue to run into the white chocolate stars.
2) Move onto the next colour: white. Mix your icing sugar with the lemon and water (the lemon is optional, but oh so tasty). Add to your cookie. Again let it dry a little..
3) Drizzle your read food colouring (the kids loved this best and did get a bit messy).
Once your Patriotic cookies are fully dry – pile high and enjoy!
More greatAmerican Flag Craftshere:
Looking for morePatriotic Treats? Check out: