Time for someChristmas Craftsagain! We do love crafting with every day materials and few supplies. Turn the humble toilet paper roll into this super duper cute and easyAngel Toilet Paper Roll Craftfor Kids this Christmas! One of our collection ofChristmas Toilet Roll Craftseveryone can make!
My kids loved making these little recycled angels SO MUCH, that we made about 8 of these. 8 years later and we still have ALL of them and they come out each year with our Christmas Decorations box. So so sweet. The toilet roll, also allows it to make it a super easy little angel craft to pop on top of the Christmas Tree as a Christmas Tree Topper.
So have yourself a crafty morning or afternoon with the kids and make a whole set. OR, why not make this part of a toilet roll nativity? I confess, we still need to make a few more figures.. but we do have some lovelyToilet Paper Rolls 3 Kingsfor you to check out as part of any Sunday School or religious Christmas crafting session!
These easy angels do not require a template! You can make them free hand!
So, how DO you make a toilet roll angel?
There is no “one way” of making toilet roll angels.. But in essence you need 3 key features:
- painting the angel body
- making the angel head
- making the angel wings.
For our toilet roll angel, and to keep things simple, the head and body are combined. If you would like a “taller angel”, you can use a cardboard tube from say, a kitchen paper towel tube instead! Some people like to glue on styrofoam ball heads, but they are super un-eco friendly, so I encourage you not to bother!
What Christmas decorations can you make out of toilet rolls?
As mentioned, there are many great Christmas decorations you can make from toilet rolls… popular toilet roll decorations include:
- Toilet Roll snowflakes
- EasyChristmas Tree Napkin rings
- TP Roll Nativity–Camel and 3 Kings
- Toilet Roll Nutcracker Set
- Table Top Christmas Tree byall free crafts
Many of these are a fabulous addition to our set ofNativity Crafts!
Toilet Paper Tube Angels – simple supplies needed:
- Toilet Paper Roll Tubes or Cardboard Tubes of any size
- Paint and skin tone paint (we went for a simple pink, but do use any shade of skin tone.. next time we will vary these a bit more for sure!)
- Lace or fabric scraps
- Wool / yellow paper/ yellow tissue paper / Easter nest shredded paper (like we used for ourpaper roll scarecrows)——whatever you have to hand for the angel’s hair
- Yellow pipe cleaner for halo (optional – we decided to tie on a star instead)
- Old card
- Glitter glue (try and friend an eco friendly brand if you can!)
- Embroidery thread or ribbon or baker’s wtine
- Star sticker or cut one out
- PVA glue
- Scissors & paint brushes
- Black and light pink pens
The above SOUNDS like a lot, but we improvised with what we had in the house… have a look at what you have already and see how you could replace any items you don’t have handy.
I pretty much used “recycled”/ left over materials only. Thrifty and eco friendly all the way!
How to make a Toilet Paper Roll Angel Craft with kids
Let’s follow these simple step instructions! See how involved my kids where in making this great craft for Christmas!
Painting the body of your toilet roll angel
1) The kids painted the top 1/3 pink and the bottom 2/3 white. If you don’t like painting, you could use white fabric (e.g. an old sheet or old shirt) to wrap around the bottom. For the face, stick on a rectangle of pink paper and wrap it round the loo roll.
Making your recycled cardboard wings for your paper angel
2) We then cut out some angel wings – from some card that we got out of a shirt packaging – you know the card that is inserted to keep stiff and neat looking in the shop? It was already white, so super handy! And a great little upcycle! The kids used glitter glue to decorate. I was impressed at how their control over the glitter glue was coming along. If you don’t have glitter glue, you could decorate the wings with pens or stickers. Or PVA and loose glitter.
How to make your toilet roll angel’s hair!
3) Once dry, we added hair – we wrapped some wool around a CD case. Added lots of glue around the sides of the head and then placed the wool on top and arranged it, so it looked even and stuck to the loo roll. If necessary add a few strands here and there. You can hot glue the hair in place too, but we made this pre “hot glue popularity” and a good PVA white glue/ school glue works just as well!
4) We then tied the embroidery thread (2 strands) around the head – this helped tidy the hair a little, keep it in place and also made a little halo type decoration, once you added the star at the front.
5) The kids then added one strip of lace – I would have been happy to wrap it all in lace, but one seemed plenty.
6) Add a face with marker pens (the kids insisted on copying mine…).
7) Glue on the wings and let dry.
I love that the kids added the little bells from a Chocolate Santa they got on St Nic’s Day. Also, they each put an angel on one of their Fake Christmas Trees that they have in their bedrooms. Aaaaah!
Finished! I think they make BEAUTIFUL Angels for the top of the Christmas tree. We are so pleased with them! Hope you loved these darling and easy toilet paper roll angels as much as we do!
As mentioned, you may also like these individual Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Crafts:
This collections answers the following questions –
- How do you make a reindeer out of toilet paper? easy – take a peak at ourToilet Paper Roll Rudolph,
- How do you make a toilet paper snowman? even easier – take a peak atToilet Paper Roll Snowmen(bowling – a great Toilet Paper MATHS learning activity too)
- How do you make a toilet roll Santa? Yep, we have you covered again with thisToilet Paper Roll Santa
And we have brought all of the above together AND ADDED MORE, in our special set ofToilet Paper Roll crafts for Christmashere:
This Toilet Paper Roll Angel is a popular addition to manyNativity Scene Crafts.. we have more ideas for you here:
As well as our fabulousDIY Angel Ornaments: